Got my 3100 a while back, and it pretty much paid for itself every time I used it. I was able to repair some inexpensive sensors, and not be at the mercy of the auto dealer or independent mechanics (who seem to be as expensive as the dealers anymore). When I started having ABS problems, the 3100 could not read ABS codes. So I sold it to my brother and upgraded to the 3150. He has only foreign cars, so there is no inexpensive code reader (as far as I have been able to figure out) that could read his ABS.
I’m also really happy with the 3150. Reads and clears ABS codes on many GM, Ford, and Chrysler cars. I have a 2002 Chevy and a 1997 Ford, and it will work on both. Be sure to check the list at the manufacturer’s web site for your specific vehicle before purchasing. 3150 has already paid for itself also. Dealer wants $99 just to read a code. And if you know what the problem is up front, you can fix yourself, take to the most cost effective repair place, or at least negotiate over the phone before leaving your car for repair. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for DIY’s with decent knowledge of automobile mechanics.
Product Features CanOBD2® + ABS Diagnostic Tool™
- Powerful OBD2 tool quickly reveals “Check Engine” light warnings on any 1996 and newer car, light truck or SUV – Foreign and Domestic.
- Retrieves OEM Enhanced and Transmission DTCs
- Diagnoses ABS codes on 1996 and newer GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles.
- Features unique patented all-in-one screen display and LED display for quick State Emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification
- Automatic refresh updates data every 30 seconds when connected to the vehicle – an easy way to verify repair completion
- Retrieves OBD2 DTCs: Generic Codes (P0, P2, P3, and U0) / Manufacturer Specific Codes (P1, P3, and U1)
- Communicates with all OBD 2 protocols: C.A.N. (Controller Area Network), ISO 9141, J1850PWM, J1850VPW, KWP 2000 ISO 14230-4
- Code Definition Displayed on Unit in English, Spanish or French
- Displays Freeze Frame Data
- Unit can be flash updated with a standard Windows® PC (OBD-PC Link™ software required / included with tool)
- Memory / Battery backup for off-car review and analysis
- Comes with access to CanOBD2.com RepairSolutions which gives trouble code definitions, a full diagnostic report, probable causes, most likely fix to DTC’s, repair costs and more.